Turn a typical electronic chillwave track inside out and you get ‘Lay of the Land.’ All of the drone and reverb is in the foreground while the vocals stand way out in the distance. You can barely make them out through the haze, but as the figures become more familiar, they go from unsettling to comforting. You’re practically home by the time the synth fades out. [Free Download] @AshleyCanino
- Best New Music Not sure "music" is your "thing"? Try starting here, or maybe try reading a fashion blog.
- Free Music Money is for the poor of spirit. It's also used to control the masses- we get it, here's some free music.
- Music Videos Music videos are like musics that move and make colors like pictures.
- Events We go out, we have friends. Honest.
- Writers & Staff Little people. Little blog. Massive ego. Regular functioning genitals.
- About the Blog Let me tell you about us, we're the greatest, submit your music.
- Interviews The Dingus staff sits down with some of our favorite artists, musicians, producers, and human beings to talk about their craft.
- First Listen Giving it to you hot from our speakers to yours, exclusive premiere streams only. Steamy. Moist. Sticky.
- Essays & Lists Longer things. Listed things. Like the name suggests.
- Dangerzone If you run into Maverick at a show, chances are he's drunk and you're in the Dangerzone. Smile for the camera. Or don't.
- That's Deep Damn, that is deep. So very deep. We're talking about music reviews. More in depth, earnest music reviews. Hit the wall.
- D.I.Y.M.V.P. Catch up with some of the most important members of "the scene". The scene being a global movement of honest, passionate expression.
- Let's Get Physical Holding music in your hands is a vastly different experience. Join us on the journey through the realm of the physical release.
- Fictiontrack He stared into the mirror. His testicles sagged to his knees. They looked back up at him and said "Hey, buddy". All this and more, set to music.
- Four Tracks We introduce you to four tracks that are perfect for __________ . It's like Buzzfeed, or something.
- Ghost Overseas Nobody likes America. So we take a look at all those other great cities and towns across the globe.
- All Hail Crom The Dingus staff prays to a god named Crom. Crom answers and speaks through Dave. Dave delivers his wisdom.
- Ragers & Rockshows The front-woman from Sharkmuffin tells you what's good around NYC and where she will be spending the coming nights getting fucked up.
With technology growing exponentially, personal computing is challenging the recording business and the internet is challenging the publishing business. Now more than ever, we see the pool of music and design growing deeper. But as always, the more music there is, the harder it is to find what really matters.
Dingus is dedicated to the search. It's here, on this humble blog that we shed light on bedroom artists in their most defining moments. If you want what's popular today, Dingus is not the blog for you. But, if you want what's fringe, pure and passionate then you've somehow landed on the right URL. So check back daily and enjoy your fellow peers' endeavors.